6. The old wives tale about heartburn? Totally true.
Pregnant women once believed the annoying symptom predicted an unusually hairy child. As it turns out, there’s now scientific evidence proving it.
7. Antibiotics aren’t exactly a “cure all” … at all.
They only knock out bacteria-based infections. Facing a nasty virus, antibiotics don’t stand a chance.
8. Lady Godiva didn’t saddle up in the nude … sorry.
History books mention the woman’s “birthday suit” ride a century after it was said to have occurred. Meaning, no one truly witnessed the headline-worthy act. It was a tall tale we created out of thin air.
9. “Searing” a steak doesn’t lock in the flavor.
The term actually refers to what we call the Malliard reaction, or “browning,” a chemical change in the steak as it cooks.
10. Go ahead and shave away!
The hair won’t grow back any faster or thicker than before. Feel like you’ve been lied to your entire life? Don’t worry, we do too.
11. No, actually. Blood is NEVER blue.
It’s a common belief that human blood is a deep blue color while running through your veins. That “fact” is really just a total myth.
CONTINUE TO NEXT PAGE BELOW